Subcuject is a privately held technology company that functions as a virtual organisation, working closely with external experts and specialist organisations. The company develops an innovative and proprietary wearable device platform for bolus injection for delivery of biologics.
Subcuject is developing a proprietary subcutaneous wearable bolus injector (WBI), designed to be low cost, which:
- has a manufacturing cost comparable to the cost of an autoinjector
- is prefilled and preloaded
- has a long shelf life
- takes a glass cartridge
- has dimensions smaller than other comparable devices
- features simple (one button) activation and noiseless operation
- inserts needle at activation, and retracts needle automatically after completion
- has a thin needle (designed for 27G or thinner)
- is suitable for drugs with high viscosities
- accommodates high dose volumes (1-10 mL)
- allows for injection speed to be predefined
- requires neither electronics nor batteries for operation.
Subcuject was founded in 2017, is privately held, and funded by investment from two Danish venture funds, VF Venture and Capnova. It operates as a virtual organisation.